Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flat Kyle's Memorial Day 2011

Kellen,

Here is Flat Kyle reporting for the first time this summer. I have been extremely busy over the last month traveling across the world and the United States, but I've reached Washington D.C. and am going to be here for the rest of the summer.

Yesterday was Memorial Day, the day that we remember all of our heroes who protect our country by serving in the Military. I visited all of the different memorials yesterday and even got to visit the White House where President Obama lives! It was a really special day and I hope that you enjoy the pictures I have for you!



Here I am with Marie in front of the Washington Memorial, the tallest building in Washington DC!




Here I am with Taylor at the Lincoln Memorial. Abraham Lincoln was one of the best Presidents ever!




See! I told you! I got to go to the White House!




Here we are at Arlington National Cemetery. This is where all of the soldiers are buried. It's a really special place, I hope that you'll be able to go there some day.


There are all of the pictures that I was able to get yesterday during Memorial day. It was really hot and I couldn't stand in the sun all day. I'm really lucky that Taylor and Marie carried me around in their bag instead of making me walk alongside them.


Last weekend,  we were able to visit a museum with a lot of really cool animals. I wanted to show you my favorite animal. It's kinda scary though! Look at how big he is!


That's a Mammoth! This animal was the ancestor to what we know today to be the Elephant.
 He's pretty cool huh?


Anyway, we'll see you later! Have a great summer. I know that I will as long as Marie and Taylor do!

No comments:

Post a Comment